Jobs
>> Friday, March 6, 2009
As I haven't heard anything back from the NRC yet, I am assuming the worst. I really think the first position I applied for was over my head, and they say on the website that they have finished the recruiting process for the second one (the administration assistant). I feel like that means a bit more than they just aren't accepting more applications, and I am thinking I am out of luck on this one. Unfortunately.
So that means my search continues. I picked up this pamphlet from school that was advertising all different kinds of classes and I tuned in quickly to the language classes. They offered so many, and among them Spanish and English...hmmm...so later on I checked out their site and in small print at the bottom it just happened to say that they were looking for English and Spanish teachers! Allrighty then!
Needless to say, I was thrilled and I contacted them immediately. I sent them my CV (resume) and I have been in conversations with this woman named Anne. She says that while they don't currently have a need for Spanish or English teachers (who knows how long that has been on their website) she wants to have a chat with me anyway! So next week I will be going in to talk with her. I hope something comes of this...I am at my wits end!
*I realized that I haven't explained why I am looking for other jobs. I still have my job at Poesi waiting for me, HOWEVER I am thinking that if I get denied the work permit again (which I feel like I might) then maybe I will have to go back to the states and reapply from there. I don't feel that I will be granted the work permit for this barista job even if I go about the application process the right way (from the U.S.) because it is not a job that they need to import someone to do; anyone can do it, i.e., a Norwegian. So I am trying to find a job in Norway that really NEEDS me for my skills and talents. Then if I find something like that, and I reapply from the U.S. like a good girl, they shouldn't have any reason to reject me again!

2 comments:
That completely makes sense about the job searching. Though, if I know you...I could see you working one of those other jobs AND your job at Poesi.
sounds like the teaching thing would be wonderful....
(emilys dream job!)
I hope you have a great interview and all goes well...good luck.
Love you,
Mom
Post a Comment