Banana bread
>> Friday, March 20, 2009
First I had these nasty brown bananas, and then...an hour and a half later they had magically transformed into this!
The piece I sliced off when it was fresh from the oven was delicious! I am worried, however, that since I forgot to cover the bread and just left for several hours that the bread is probably as hard as a rock, and thus inedible. Guess there is always still that option of throwing it out the window. Will let you know how it goes over on Lars's sister and mom who are coming to visit within the hour. I am sure they will give me positive feedback; I am thinking they are too polite to do otherwise.
In general, baking has been a bit of a challenge for me (especially at home) in Norway. At work, it was allright because we have a lot of tools and a kitchen scale. But at home and because of the stubborn American measurement system that I grew up with it has been a bit of a challenge. It is hard to convert cups into deciliters and teaspoons and tablespoons into grams! Why can't Americans start using the metric system? Everyone else in the world (besides Liberia and Burma) does!! For example, this recipe that I found on the internet (which saved my life) has two different ways of viewing their delicious treats: metric or US. Ridiculous.

2 comments:
Could be worse. I'm pretty sure Britain uses both metric and the old imperial system. Suckers.
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. UK is much more confusing, lol. Wait, the US change for the majority? What were you thinking?!
I'm probably going to have to make some banana bread pretty soon myself. I bought a costco bunch and this Georgia sun is making them brown super fast.
Post a Comment