Hydrotastic!
>> Wednesday, February 2, 2011
Tonight I tried something new: water spinning. Or hydro biking. Or uh, well I'm not really sure what the correct terminology is. It's vannspinning in Norwegian at least.
And I loved it! It was a great workout. I am in fact realizing more and more how effective it was as the night goes on, haha.
If you are sick of your normal workout routine or are just looking to try something new, I really recommend trying hydro biking or water spinning or whatever you want to call it. Ever ridden a bike? Or been to a regular spinning class? Then you've already got the idea--it's exactly the same thing, just under water.
Like I said, I feel like I got in a really great workout (without hating it too much underway). Working out in water is also so much better on your body. I know at least my knees are sick of running on treadmills (not to mention it's boring as hell) and it's not uncommon for me to come home with bumps, lumps or bruises after soccer practice (or skiing!).
Seriously, try this. ESPECIALLY if you are in a bit of a working out rut. I think it'll help. Oh yeah, I also found this awesomely cheesy video where you can see this in action. It's fantastic.
I think I'm gonna give zumba a try next week...


4 comments:
Zumba is a helluva lot of fun. The whole point is to dance like no one's looking and you will get an awesome workout. The hydro spinning looks really interesting!
Why isn't there cool stuff like Zumba or hydro spinning here? LOL...the local pool does have water Zumba though (but it is CRAZY expensive). Seriously though...what a cool workout.
I wish 24 Hour Fitness would offer this type of spinning class! Sounds like something I'd really enjoy.
Sounds like a blast. and PS Zumba is fun!!! I even make Wes come with me sometimes to shake his booty. It's an ab workout just laughing at him!!!
Post a Comment