Harder than it looks.
>> Sunday, January 23, 2011
I'm just gonna say it: I'm fairly athletic. I played softball, basketball and soccer growing up, skied a bit and ran around like a chicken with my head cut off in our backyard trying to keep up with my older brother--throwing around a football, pretending I was an Olympic gymnast, kayaking, swimming, climbing trees--you name it. I played softball and softball in college and don't really know what life would be like without some sort of athletic outlet. I'm not trying to toot my own horn here, I am only trying to give you some perspective on my most recent athletic endeavor: tennis.I kinda suck!
Lars and I reserved a court at one of the centers around town one night last week and played for about an hour. Or should I say, chased balls for about an hour. I have played a little tennis before but have never really gotten the hang of it; I think my baseball instincts always take over (too bad there's no homeruns in tennis!)!
But I must say, towards the end of the hour I did manage to hit the ball over the net and within the proper lines. And even though I wasn't a super star, I did have a good time.So, just so you know: tennis is way harder that it looks!

5 comments:
yeah, darling!
Tennis is kinda of hard sport BUT once you get the feeling... You'll LOVE IT!
Well, at least I do... it's the sport on 3rd place on my personal ranking. 1st is rowing and 2nd is everything that includes bike :D
hugs :D
When I turned 40 the first time I learned how to play Tennis I loved it. I joined a team and went 2x a week until I got hurt and moved. I'm looking to start again...some of my best wins were with partners of 70 years old and over weight . I think it's skill verses athletics !
lol.. I SUCK at tennis too. My oldest daughter took me to the courts to practice with her. I wasn't much help since I couldn't hit the ball. I swung the racket like a baseball bat.
Keep practicing.
Yep, tennis is just not for me. I am not nearly coordinated enough for tennis.
My brother was on the tennis team in high school. Shit's wicked hard.
Post a Comment