Sunday on Mjøsa
>> Sunday, January 31, 2010
The sky has been full of clouds lately. Clouds that have been constantly dumping snow down on us. Constantly. Don't get me wrong, I love the snow (it really is gorgeous here) and am really enjoying the winter. But it can get pretty gray after awhile with all those clouds hovering over your head. Today, however, was a huge exception. The sun was brilliant! So out we went!


And so did everyone else! We saw people all over the place--skiing, walking, running, sledding, ice skating, ice fishing and more! And all right on top of Mjøsa, the biggest (and now mostly frozen) lake in Norway!
I love to see so many people out being active and enjoying each others' company. I really dig this about the Norwegian lifestyle. Makes me warm and fuzzy inside, even though I sometimes am not so warm on the outside. Like today for example--it was really pretty, but also pretty dang cold. When the better part of my hair that was peeking out of my hat was in danger of breaking in half and I couldn't feel my legs anymore we headed back home. And then made some nummy soup.
Also of note--Lars and I really wanted a dog today. It just would have been the cherry on top of the already kick ass winter sundae. We actually considered stealing one. Problem was we didn't see any that we believed made the moral transgression worth it. How come so many people like tiny little yappy dogs?Maybe we'll find a better candidate next Sunday. ;)
*Some time ago, I came across a blog from another American woman who has also made the move to Norway. A couple times she has posted some of her Sunday adventures in line with a proposal from another blogger (from San Francisco I believe) called "Sundays In My City".
Today I joined the club!



13 comments:
God, you live in an epically beautiful place. And the frozen lake pictures still look vaguely mystical and pre-apocalyptic to me. I'm not sure why. But I love them.
U live in a very beautiful place. I would cherish such a place like this. I love it.
Beautiful photos!!! I really like the one with your hair,almost looks like highlights.lol
I see frozen lakes in the netherlands(I'm am american living here now) but none as big as this! just wonderful!
OMG it's gorgeous there even with the bitter cold. Crazy about your hair freezing. Amazing! Have a wonderful Sunday!
wow! lovely pics!
WOW...beautiful photos! Nothing better han a sunny day in Norway. : )
Beautiful pics. I have fond memories from my childhood when I had long hair of it getting frozen in the winter time. Well, not really "fond", as just "cold", lol. That lake is pretty big! Thanks for sharing your place. :)
If it wasn't so cold I'd say you live in paradise! It's so beautiful. Your pictures are great and the shot with your "snow hair" is is very cool.
Glad you joined in to share your Sunday. Hope to see you again next week.
jj
oooh frozen hair!
I just love those amazing days when the sun is shining on the snow! Really beautiful!
I'm so glad you joined us and let us see your lovely corner of the world. My particular favorites are your second picture and the picture of frozen hair.
Just beautiful Lisa! Wish I could come visit, the we could quilt together!
Well Lisa, I'm sure we could help you out with a dog if you are seriously interested and those little tiny yappy things- those aren't dogs....you want a big furry dog who can pull you on skiis, keep you warm, protect you, swim in the lake with you...etc etc..you really need to come meet the lionesses and our little lion king..
I've been meaning to tell you I'm working out at Treningskompaniet both in Brumunddal and Hamar- are you training at any of the workout places around here??
Great photos by the way, I think people are nuts out on the ice like that...wouldn't find me out there...hahaha..
Post a Comment