Canon gets to party too (edited)

>> Tuesday, January 12, 2010

I am fairly certain that I will not take my new, beloved SLR camera to a vorspiel anytime in the near future. At least I don't think. I have never personally been responsible for ruining a camera after some drinks (I tend to drop mine in the sand while 100% sober) but a very faithful, old camera of mine was ruined by a very drunk man and I have witnessed many a frightful scene. It just doesn't make sense to have such an expensive and valued piece of equipment in a situation where I would expect lots of beer to be drunken and shenanigans to be had. But what to do if such a vorspiel is brought to you--hosted in the innocent camera's humble apartment and it is just waiting there to be utilized?

(Lars, Martin, Sondre, Marianne deep in discussion)
Well then, I suppose you just let nature take its course and let the camera be exposed to its first dangerous party ever.
(Halvor.)
(Marianne and Anne Kari.)
(Linda: blue steele.)
(Me and Halvor, grooving.)
(And then posing.)
(Martin, Lars and Sondre, all possibly sick of the camera.)
It survived. And, luckily, it got to get down with the best of 'em.

Personally, I am looking forward to seeing the pictures on Linda's camera (the one that got permission to come with to the bar). There was a lot of life in town that night--the European Speed Skating Championships were held in Hamar which means Siste Indre (one of the bars right around the corner that just happens to be completely devoted to speed skating) was full of drunk Dutchmen decked out in orange, and that Linda and I borrowed many of their silly hats and took equally as silly pictures. Oh boy.

An American running around a bar with her German ex-coworker (Linda) and their Norwegian buds amidst a throng of Dutchmen? It was a culturally rewarding evening, let's just put it that way. ;)

Linda sent me the pictures...and I thought I had to share at least a few:

5 comments:

Elisa January 12, 2010 at 6:48 AM  

This sounds amazing! I also believe that your camera concern is very natural! My cannon elph was dropped by my roommate while the lens was open at a ridiculous prom party my senior year of college. It is not even that expensive of a camera, and she bought me another one. But it had been so many places with me and was almost like a friend! Devastating! Keep it safe!

Baloo January 13, 2010 at 9:07 AM  

Your pics are rad. I too keep my camera away from drunkenness, though this is more out of forgetfulness than a concerted effort to save it from harm.

Skogkjerring January 14, 2010 at 1:41 PM  

The one orange hat with horns looks like the hat Fred Flinstone wore when he went to his lodge meetings...hahahhaha....looks like a great time had by all, and thank God your camera survived!!!!

Meredith January 14, 2010 at 7:23 PM  

I'm digging the orange hat!

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP