Pannekaker
>> Sunday, June 7, 2009
- 1 1\4 cups flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 ts salt
- 3 - 4 eggs
- butter
Mix flour, milk, salt and blend well together. Mix in eggs.
Ideally let the mixture sit for about 15 minutes or even longer (not the end of the world to just use it right away).
Make sure your pan is on medium heat and buttered. A pan that is too hot will ruin the pancakes. Remember these are not American pancakes and they are supposed to be THIN. Pour enough batter into the pan to cover the bottom. Flip to cook both sides (extra points for tricks mid-air). A good pancake is mostly beige with brown spots...but don't be discouraged--even if they look a bit funny they will still taste good.
Serve warm. It is normal to spread a bit of white sugar or jam (strawberry usually) over the pancake and then roll it up into a skinny burrito shape. I would definitely encourage some fresh fruit, cream, syrup or even tomato soup to accompany the pancakes! They are versatile and you can make them your own! Get creative!
Good luck! :D


3 comments:
YUM! I am going to make them tomorrow. I will let you know how they turn out!
Damn that sounds good.
Are these the pancakes you serve with tomato soup? Because sugar + tomato soup sounds hella weird to me.
Those are exactly the same pancakes! And yes sugar and tomato soup---that's why I thought it was so weird!
Post a Comment