Mt. Townsend
>> Tuesday, August 23, 2011
Here comes another of many "hey-check-out-how-awesome-my-trip-home-was" posts--this time about our 8.2 mile hike up Mt. Townsend.
I will definitely admit that about 10 minutes into the hike I definitely had a why-did-I-ever-think-hiking-would-be-fun moment as I was already breathing heavily and sweating. It started off pretty steep right away; I guess a solid week of sitting around the campfire and drinking with my Dad and Lars was to blame. The hot weather might have also played a part (I mean I am definitely not out of shape or anything) but I am definitely NOT COMPLAINING about that--it was a gorgeous day to make that trek.
The view from the top was insane. To use the cliché--pictures don't do it justice. I have never really gotten such a good grasp on how insanely awesomely gorgeous the Puget Sound is. I have always loved it and appreciated it's beauty but this hike really put that love over the edge. We were standing on the outskirts of one mountain range (Olympics) and staring across the channels of the Sound at another (Cascades)...it was 360 degrees of ridiculous beauty.
That might of been the best lunch of my entire trip.
It was spectacular.

3 comments:
Sounds awesome, glad the weather cooperated with you. Looks like we will have to go there sometime to check it out, didn't know it was that pretty!
Gorgeous view! I'm not a big hiker but sometimes you have to endure in order to witness the beauty.
Nice shirt. These pictures actually make me want to move back to Washington more than I already did.
Post a Comment