Doubleheader
>> Tuesday, August 23, 2011
Seattle lost a basketball team some years back. (We're all still in mourning) But we did get a professional soccer team in 2007--the Seattle Sounders! And I had never seen a game until this last trip home!
Lars and I doubled up, taking the ferry on over to Seattle for a Mariners game at 12pm and a Sounders game 7 hours later.
The Mariners hit the ball, played good defense and the sun was out! We ate sunflower seeds and cheered for the home team! It was wonderful!
After the game we moseyed into a local bar and I bought my first pitcher of beer EVER.
I think I drank about half a pint (not bad for someone that doesn't like beer all that much....learning!) with Kyle and Lars before I ran to meet Katy at will call. . .they stayed and finished the beer. . .
And then we made out way into QWest/Century Link Stadium. The game hadn't even started but the electricity buzzing around the place was incredible.
After overtime and hours and hours of sporting adventures (and quite a few expensive game side beers) Lars and I left Seattle with two wins under our belt. :)
Even though we lost the Sonics some years back, I must say that Seattle is still a great city for a sports nut...Our next goal is to make it to a Seahawks game!

2 comments:
I'm still an ambivalent beer drinker myself, but I really do think it's an acquired taste, like coffee for a lot of people.
Um, awesome. I miss the northwest...
Post a Comment