I made it
>> Monday, November 9, 2009
After 25 hours of traveling, sleeping on benches in airports and in awkward positions on airplanes, I made it home safe to Parkgata 12 and back into Lars' arms. As I was flying into Oslo, snow was falling. On our hour drive home it was pretty sweet to see the ground getting covered with a thin blanket of snow.
Amazingly, the snow melted as of the next morning. It hasn't been cold enough to keep snow on the ground at all, and it has actually rained a bit since I have been here. Wait, which country am I in? Am I back in the Pacific Northwest? ;) Besides a bit of weather confusion, it has been pretty obvious that I am back in Scandinavia. I am back to slicing my own bread and walking everywhere. Back to everything being in Norwegian, including about half of the TV we watch. Back to having a roommate and back to making plans for two, instead of one.
I think today might be the first day where I am NOT feeling the effects of switching time zones. I am really hoping that I am done being jet-lagged.
So that's that. Will write more, soon I am sure...seeing as though I am unemployed and all.
Spaghetti for dinner. Mmm.

3 comments:
YAY!!
I've never been so satisfied by sleep as by airport bench sleep. It's completely inadequate, but somehow, the best thing in the fucking world when you do it.
Sort of like sex with animals.
"Plans for two" was probably one of the sweetest things I've ever read.
Post a Comment