International Market

>> Monday, April 20, 2009

Last week on Thursday, Friday and Saturday in the plaza outside Poesi there was a pretty rockin' International Market. We took some time Saturday to explore a bit and ended up shelling out 160,- kr on slighty hard fudge (it was cold outside) and candy. A bit expensive, eh?

Even though the Market wasn't so big, France, England, Spain, and Italy were all represented. There were some fine cheeses, huge hot dogs, patterned china, cotton-candy, paella (num num!), cashmere sweaters and scarfs. In our opinion, the food stands were definitely the most impressive. You should have seen those hot dogs! I was really craving some paella too, but I didn't think chowing down on a large helping of shrimp, rice, etc. would have been so smart right before my soccer game (we won by the way).

Although Lars and I didn't pig out on the delicious looking foods, it was awesome to hear so many different languages and accents floating around Hamar, that I can say for sure!

2 comments:

Baloo April 21, 2009 at 4:49 AM  

Holy crap I love paella. Screw soccer, I would've been neck-deep in that shit.

I admire your restraint, though. Some hippo you turned out to be. :)

Meredith April 21, 2009 at 7:11 AM  

I honestly don't know that I've ever eaten paella! It's probably for the best, 'cause judging by how much all my friends love it, I'd likely never stop eating once I started.

PS- There's a director of residential life position open down here. Sure you don't want to cross over to the dark side and become an Oregonian?

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP