The hits just keep on coming...
>> Wednesday, April 22, 2009
So I think I have may have mentioned before that is was possible that I might not be able to officially play soccer for Brumunddal. Today my worst suspicions were confirmed, and NO I will not be allowed to play soccer just yet.
So here's the breakdown: to play soccer in Norway, everyone (including Norwegians) have to pay for a license, or lisens. This only costs a couple hundred kroner and it serves as some sort of insurance. Brumunddal Fotbal was even going to pay for it themselves, which I was pretty stoked on. That was of course, until I saw the form that accompanied the international player's request for said lisens; it required a copy of both my passport and my work or residence permit. Oh. Shit.
So that's it folks--I can't play in games (which just happened to start this weekend). Basically if I do and someone finds out that I didn't have a license my team would have to forfeit the games I played in...which at this stage in the season looked like it was going to be every game. I have been starting every game at right back.
I am really disappointed. Soccer was one thing I could always count on to release some stress. I didn't have to look good, remember my textbooks or really speak that much Norwegian if I didn't feel like it. I could just show up, tackle some people and kick the ball around. And even if I didn't perform well it still felt so good to compete, to sweat, to run. Of course I can still practice, and that will serve some purpose (to keep me in shape for one)...but I want to continue being part of a team! I want to compete! I want to wear a jersey proudly on my back and feel the game-day knot in my stomach during warm ups!
Let me repeat: I am really disappointed. Now the real world has officially crept into every aspect of my life. I just want it to go away and leave me this one little thing to enjoy! Okay I give--I can't work, I can't travel out of the country...I have no money, no job, no concrete plans for the future, I am far away from almost all of my loved ones and friends--but can't I at least be allowed to play soccer? Is that so much to ask?

2 comments:
I am so sorry, Lisa. I hope that these setbacks will just make it that much better when things eventually work out. You're a strong person and I know you'll be able to make it through.
Lisa! So sorry. Now I know what all the foreign mumble jumbo was probably about. I hope things start turning around for you.
Post a Comment