Lettin' Off Some Steam

>> Monday, January 26, 2009

Needless to say, Lars and I have been a bit stressed out lately. Luckily for us, we had the weekend just waiting for us so we could drink away our problems, I mean, so we could have a chance to let loose.

Saturday night while I was at work, Lars went out with the boys for a birthday dinner celebration. From left to right in the picture below you can see Sondre, Lars, Marek (from Poland), Knut, Martin and Halvor. Sondre was the birthday boy, or birthday man I suppose I should say. He just turned 30!

I was pleasantly surprised when the party train made a stop by my work. I served them up some beers and worked while they laughed it up. Once I was done, I hurried home, treated myself to a few drinks of my own, showered and hustled down to Nelly's, a bar right around the corner from our apartment. The place was packed, as usual for a Saturday night, but I knew just where to find the boys--right around the foosball table! We played and played until the bar closed...and then we headed back to our place for a 'nightcap'!


It was good to see some of the guys again that we don't hang out with as much; I hadn't seen most of them since my trip to Lillehammer when we first met. I was also really happy to get to know Marek a little better. When I first met him, my Norwegian was zero to none so we hadn't really had a chance to interact. And I was able to introduce him to tequila for the first time!

Sunday Lars and I took it really easy. We were going to go skiing with the boys but all the fun that we had had the night before caught up to both of us in a big, bad way. Guess there's always next weekend. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous,  January 26, 2009 at 3:38 PM  

LOL, I left you a message on facebook not minutes ago saying that you hadn't updated your blog, and...to my surprise, there is an update as soon as I refreshed the page! I love it!

I think that it's great that you had a chance to let loose...you're drinking beer now? I'm so proud! Haha. Introducing people to tequila is fun for sure.

Meredith January 26, 2009 at 5:52 PM  

This is going to make me sound like a total alcoholic, but I really wish there was a bar right around the corner from our house.

I'm glad you were able to let off some steam...it sounds like you both needed it!

Baloo January 28, 2009 at 7:51 AM  

It's okay Meredith, I wish there was one around the corner from mine, too.

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP