Godt Nytt År: 2009
>> Friday, January 2, 2009
Honestly, it hasn't been until today that I have thought to think of all the things that have happened this year:
I froze my ass swimming at Ocean Shores in January.
I played soccer on the beach in California.
I got cast as 'Angry Vagina' in PLU's Vagina Monologues.
I joined up with the 1 in 5 Campaign and emceed an event in The Cave.
I finished my last year of PLU softball.
I watched my first live birth and welcomed another niece into the world.
I volunteered.
I wrote a 20 page paper in Spanish, and graduated from PLU.
I watched one of my best friends from high school get married.
I spent more time in Seattle this past year than I have in my life I would guess...Pride Parade, Mariners Games, Pike Place, etc etc.
I reunited with a bunch of girls I studied with in Spain, spent a great weekend on Fox Island and boated under the Tacoma Narrows.
I hiked around Mt. Rainer, camped in the National Park and checked out Ruby Beach this summer on a great 3 week visit from Lars.
I chopped off 10 inches of my hair and donated it to Pantene's Beautiful Lengths!
I attempted two birthday surprises!
I moved to Norway, started taking Norwegian class and got a new job!
I traveled to Germany with Lars' family!
I spent my first Christmas away from my family and created a lot of new memories, traditions, and friends.
And finally, I lazily rang in the new year with Lars from our apartment balcony.

3 comments:
What a great year, huh? I'm glad you've been able to do so many awesome things! I miss you so much and am happy that our picture is up on this post!
You definitely had a crazy but exciting year. I can't wait to hear what the next few years have in store for you--but I'm thinking they're going to be great.
Aww... I love your little walk down memory lane '08 style. It's hilarious to me how you're all nonchalant like, "I moved to Norway and started studying Norwegian and got a new job." Gee, that's a lifetimes worth of accomplishment right there. I love you and I'm so proud of you! Wonderful pictures- especially the softball ones!
Post a Comment