Stockholm
>> Sunday, July 29, 2012
Martin turned 30 while we were in town, and we celebrated with a delicious dinner at Gondolen, a fancy restaurant with a killer view of the city.
The dinner was amazing, but the highlight of the birthday festivities for me was the night before when we stumbled across some live music at a Irish pub.
As midnight approached, Lars and I got a round of Jager Bombs and an awesome note taped to Martin's back to get the party rollin'.
It worked--Martin got three generations worth of kisses and shots given
to him by complete strangers. He didn't have a clue until we mentioned
that it might have something to do with the message on his back! ;)I could have lived in this city. Easily.
Cantineros (such good mojitos!), Grill, and Gondolen are restaurants I can recommend!
I also recommend eating multiple ice cream cones from Gamle Stan. The smell of fresh waffle cones is irresistible.
And, the Vasa Museum is definitely worth your time! It's the most visited museum in Scandinavia and was easily one of the coolest museums I have ever been to. It houses an old ship that was dragged up from the depths after it sat on the ocean floor. Really cool. And educational.
Stockholm is a gorgeous place--I definitely recommend making the trip if you have the opportunity.

3 comments:
i loveeeeee stockholm. :) i am dying to go back for another visit sometime (preferably in the summer haha). thanks for your bday wishes the other day!!!! hope youre doing well and i swear one of these days im popping into your restaurant to surprise you!!!!! <3
Love all of these photos Lisa--what an awesome time!
Yeah! We're going to Stockholm in 3 weeks--uten barn--to celebrate our 10th anniversary! So glad to hear you had fun--hope we do too!
Post a Comment