Besøk
>> Tuesday, April 24, 2012
Jeg har hatt besøk! means "I have had visitor/s!"
Meet Matt, an old friend of mine from college! Here he is in my apartment in Hamar doing one of the things he likes best--making delicious food!
We had a great time when Matt stayed with us for a couple of days around Easter. Luckily he managed to randomly make friends with some German students that live here and hung out with them also while he was in Hamar; I had to work almost every day he was here. :/
But we still managed to do quite a bit and have a great time! I curse myself for not taking more pictures. I have really been slacking on that front lately. But here is Matt, Ole-Gunnar and Linda at Volume where we met one night for drinks. We got a little bit silly that night, which takes me back to college for sure. Thanks for that, Matt.
We also ate a wonderful lunch together the day Matt had to go back to Germany (he's there on a Fulbright! I know, he's legit).
I'm smiling here for a lot of reasons--I am about to eat one of the best sandwiches in the world, it was so wonderful catching up with an old friend AND because we could switch back and forth effortlessly between Norwegian and English (yeah Matt's a bad ass, we met via Spanish classes, he's fluent in German and can speak Norwegian too!). As much as I love and enjoy speaking Norwegian, it's priceless to speak English with an old friend from the Pacific Northwest.
Priceless!
Du er velkommen tilbake når som helst Matt! Takk for besøket!


6 comments:
It's always nice to have a visitor from home! And fun to show them your new home! Have a wonderful week!
He sounds pretty amazing. We tackled the Southern drawl last week ;)
I'm still amazed at those of you who can pick up languages like it ain't no thang. You're like unicorns to me.
Always nice to have a visitor from home! I am glad you had a nice time :)
Fun! I'm jealous of both of you that you got to see each other!
I sure had a great time - can't wait to go back to Norway! (And you're welcome here any time as well!)
Post a Comment