Raj
>> Friday, March 16, 2012
OK, here's a post for all you Big Bang Theory fans out there!
On my flight from Seattle to London, I had one of the worst seats possible and the plane was packed. Needless to say, I didn't have high hopes for journey. As my neighbors came, I thought it might be alright after all. A young woman in her early thirties came on my left and at the last minute an Indian man about the same age plopped down on my right. Plus, I had a great book I was reading and full battery on all my devices so how bad could it be right?
I made small talk with the woman on my left; she was quite chatty and initiated a lot of conversation. I had a lot more reason to talk to the man on my right while he was fumbling for his seat belt and generally getting settled and trying to avoid my personal space, ;) but he never said a word to me. I just smiled politely at him and settled in for what I thought would be a pretty chill, relaxed 9 hours over the Atlantic.
Boy was I wrong! The instant this guy got a travel size bottle of wine in his hand from the flight attendant's first round, he went Raj on me. Seriously, it was uncanny. He had just a thick of an accent, asked equally as random questions and apparently can't talk to women unless he's tipsy. I mean seriously, the first question he asked me was (please imagine this in Raj's voice):
"Have you noticed your nails are perfectly symmetrical?"
And for some reason, the flight attendant was hanging out two mini bottles of wine at a time instead of one. So we drank us some Pinot Grigio and got a little tipsy. My female neighbor joined us and we wasted a 3-4 hours of our long journey talking about our respective jobs, families, politics and travel goals.
It was easily the most entertaining flight of my life!

4 comments:
That sounds fabulous! Also, YAY for two bottles of wine! Yes please.
Wow that is too funny and seriously the only way to fly that distance! Never happens to me on flights!
A pleasantly surprising flight is always a good one. I usually spend most of my time trying to get people to leave me the hell alone though.
hi just popping in from home cooking with sonya. nice to find your blog! i'm an american expat in finland.
following you now :)
too cute on the raj! hilarious!
good flights like that never happens to me either.
have a great day!
tracie
Post a Comment