Julebord
>> Tuesday, January 10, 2012
Have I ever explained the Norwegian tradition julebord? If I have, I probably haven't done it justice. Aha--I found what I've written about it before in an old post from 2010:
Norwegians are good at celebrating a year well worked. It is common to have a julebord, literally "a Christmas table", where one dines and wines and drinks and drinks and drinks with a group of friends or coworkers. Hopefully we will get to have a julebord sometime soon so I can share a bit more about this Norwegian tradition. We'll probably have to have ours after Christmas haha--I think I can count my days off before Christmas on my own fingers.So julebord is a Christmas work party! It's pretty serious business--most gatherings include speeches, suits, fancy dresses and maybe even some entertainment.
Our boss rewards us nicely; instead of a traditional julebord dinner, we have been treated to a Christmas cruise the past two years! We skip over the speeches and the hired entertainment and tend to entertain ourselves haha...which explains why I am having problems finding any blog-appropriate pictures to share of our julebords from the past two years... ;)
In 2010 it was Oslo-Copenhagen...
And in 2011 it was Oslo-Kiel.
We all cut loose and had a splendid time. The only downside was getting acquainted "Emil" (a storm) on the way back. He wasn't that friendly. Oh, and having boat legs days afterwards.
Ever been on a cruise? It's crazy how long that boat feeling can stay with ya.


2 comments:
Sounds fun! I love J's Christmas parties. I also love the crazy boat feeling (you're right, it does stay with you for a long time). I've never been on a cruise, but I would love to go some day!
You look great Lisa :) cute dress!
Post a Comment