Tuesday night life
>> Wednesday, April 13, 2011
Hamar definitely does not have a reputation for having much of a night life. It's a small town--that basically says it all. I have disappointed many a visitor with my description of the bar scene at work and have heard many a local complain that there is no liv (life) around the place.
I am not sure what all the skeptics would say if I told them I was at a concert last night (on a Tuesday!) and so many people came that security had to turn people away!
The attraction was Bare Egil, an eccentric bearded man with an incredible sense of humor. The place was Seb's Hotel, undoubtedly one of the coolest places around Hamar, and the combination of his humor, acoustics and the crowd of happy Hamarians was more than enough to remind me how important music is in my life.
Maybe more Tuesday nights should be spent at Seb's. Just sayin'.

6 comments:
that looks like fun! i hope i can find stuff to do when i arrive like that :-)
"Bare Egil" is great. I'm from an even smaller Norwegian town so I know what you mean about tuesday nights.
Apart from that I'm a regular reader of your blog and I just have to say it's great. I pop in two or three times each week. Keep up the good work. ;)
I'm a big fan of weekday partying. In Austria, every Monday was a shitshow. That might be taking it too far. But the basic concept is sound.
So I definitely think I emailed you the other day and it didn't send to anything! :-) What is your email? I have a quick and random Q to ask you when you have time!!! Thanks Lisa :-)
Was he a musician or comedian? Did you understand Norwegian humor? I always find it difficult to follow along. I can follow some but others are harder and I end up laughing only when everyone else is laughing!!!
Looks like fun though, will have to keep Sebs in mind if we want a night out in the "big" city!!! ;-)
In other news, I miss your blogging.
Post a Comment