Oreo Cake

>> Wednesday, September 1, 2010

This is one of my absolute favorite cakes of all time, and is not difficult to make. Even though it uses good 'ol American cookies, this recipe is Norwegian as far as I know. I picked it up from a family member of Lars' and have only made it European style, so you get to deal with grams and deciliters my American friends. Sorry (but I don't think it's that picky really. Anything amounts you combine with these ingredients is bound to be good, so just go for it!).

  • ~25 Oreos
  • ~70g melted butter
  • ~225g cream cheese
  • 3 dl powdered sugar
  • 3 dl cream
  • 3 ts vanilla sugar (do we have this in the US?)
  • Chocolate mousse (small bag of instant does the trick)
Crush the Oreos and mix them with the melted butter to make a crust. Do not put any sort of baking paper or aluminium foil etc. under the cake; it's best straight into your pan.

Beat the cream cheese together with powdered sugar and add the cream and the vanilla sugar after a bit. Spread this mixture onto your cookie crust.

Then prepare the chocolate mousse, and spread that on top too. I saved a cookie or two to crush and sprinkle over the top to give it some extra pizazz:

Let the cake hang out in the fridge for a day or so before you eat it. That's when it's at its best! :)


Kortversjonen på norsk:
25 Oreo kjeks (to pakker) knuses og blandes med ca 70g smeltet smør. Dette legges i bunnen av en kake form (uten bunn, rett på et fat). Pisk 1 pakke Philadelphia ost sammen med 3 dl melis. Dette blandes med 3dl pisket krem og 3 ss vanilje sukker. Legges oppa Oreo kjeksen. Og da er det bare sjokolademousse på toppen! Pynt gjerne med mere knuste Oreo kjeks eller sjokoladesaus (som stivner)!

P.S. September?! How the hell did that happen!?
I'm leaving for the US in 5 days!

7 comments:

Leslie September 1, 2010 at 1:57 PM  

That looks devine.
Have a safe fun trip Lisa.

David T. Macknet September 1, 2010 at 9:17 PM  

Make your own vanilla sugar - simply shove some scraped-out pods into your sugar dish (after using their innards in your baking, of course)!

Enjoy your time in the US!

Baloo September 2, 2010 at 3:46 AM  

Holy god. I want to have sex with that food.

Sonya September 2, 2010 at 12:08 PM  

YUM! enjoy your trip back home : )

Sara,  September 3, 2010 at 3:07 AM  

AAAHHH!!! Oreos, I love them so much it hurts.

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP