Adjusting.
>> Tuesday, September 28, 2010
Jet lag SUCKS. Ugh.
Lars and I made it home around 6pm Wednesday evening, tired of course, but feeling pretty darn good when you consider we had been traveling for 27 hours. I thought I was going to conquer jet lag completely and not really have much of a problem at all...boy was I wrong.
We went to bed around 10.30 and Lars got up to go to work at his normal time. I, however, got up only when my boss called me, 16 hours later at 3.30 (I hadn't missed work or anything, she was just calling to let me know when to come in the next day). Oops.
Then I went to practice, came home and then stayed up all night. Awesome. I went to work at 3 and didn't sleep until around 2.30am. That was painful. What was even more painful was Lars waking me up the next morning (even though it was a reasonable hour). My eyes seriously would not open and I was super deep in REM sleep. Ouch.
I tried the work thing again Saturday night and crashed afterwards. Painfully crawled out of bed Sunday morning, slept on the bus on our way to our away game, played 90 minutes of soccer (we won), slept on the bus on the way home, and slept some more. Until 1pm today. UGH. What is wrong with me? Breaking this cycle is hard.
Was it worth it to see Mt. Rainer from the plane?Maybe. Just maybe.
I suppose I have to force myself to sleep.
God natt!

5 comments:
I don't think I've ever seen Mt. Rainier from a plane before. Mt. Hood I think. Maybe even St. Helens. Not Rainier though. Didn't know what I was missing till I saw this pic.
Best of luck with jet lag. I agree; it sucks.
Oh lodry..jet lag does suck. When we moved to the netherlands it took me about 5 days before I slept the whole night. It's an awful feeling to go through.
Beautiful pics!
amazing photos lisa. I hope you are back to normal soon. : )
Nice pictures Lisa.
This jet lag trick may help: try to get up at your normal time, go outside and sit in the sunshine for about 20 minutes. If you do this for a week it will help reset your body clock, even if you end up going back to bed to sleep after sitting in the sun. It really does work very well.
Awesome shot of Ranier! Have seen it (or other Cascade Range volcanoes) so many times on our way home (we fly KLM from Amsterdam nonstop to San Francisco).
Hope you had fun. It's tough to overcome jetlag during the darker months, I'll tell you. At least you went when things were relatively balanced (i.e., around the equinox).
Post a Comment