Norwegian skiing championships

>> Sunday, January 27, 2013

I have to admit--I felt pretty darn Norwegian this Saturday. As soon as we woke up, Lars and I bundled up and walked to catch a bus up to Gåsbu where thousands of Norwegians were braving the cold to cheer on other Norwegians on skis.

Norwegians have got this spectating in the snow thing down--the mountain was covered with scarfed and mittened ski fans with Norwegian flags, signs, face paint and backpacks full of goodies--even furry companions were on the hill and in the spirit!

I brought my camera but took no pictures. Shame on me. But I was pretty much freezing (haven't turned completely Norwegian yet) ;). I did manage to snap a shot of the races with my trusty iPhone (which may be single-handedly responsible for ruining me as a photographer!) and another of my cool new co-worker Annie with her legit photography set-up! :)

I have yet to hit the slopes this winter and I'm really looking forward to it!



3 comments:

Nikola May 8, 2013 at 10:33 AM  

Hello Lisa.

I would like to offer you my article to publish on your website - littlenorwaytobig.blogspot.no.

The article is about traveling, hotels, resorts, skiing and contain some links. If you practicing such things (as sponsored posts) then please let me know your rates.

Please contact me back so we can talk more about it.

emi January 6, 2014 at 6:02 PM  

so fun!! nothing like a good ski race to get you excited to hit the slopes! XO

the well-traveled wife ♥

Natalie Sullivan August 4, 2015 at 11:58 PM  

Hi Lisa,
My name is Natalie Sullivan and I'm casting an international travel show about expats moving abroad. We'd love to film in Norway and wanted to know if you could help us find expats who have moved there within the last 15 months or have been there for 3-4 years, but recently moved into a new home. The show documents their move to a new country and will place the country in fabulous light. The expats on the show would also receive monetary compensation if they are filmed. They must also speak English fluently and can be buyers or renters for their homes. If you'd like more information, please give me a call at 212-231-7717 or skype me at natalieesullivan. You can also email me at nataliesullivan@leopardusa.com. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP