Free Fallin' Friday

>> Friday, December 19, 2008

I know there are a lot of mixed reviews out there when it comes to John Mayer. . . but I really like his music. A lot. I know that people say he makes really strange faces when he sings (he does), that his music is just pop crap (which at times, maybe it is) or that unfortunately, even at his best John Mayer is just plain dull, so dull that he lulls you into a sleep (which might be the exact reason why I like it). I would even argue that tracks like Slow Dancing in a Burning Room aren't boring at all, and instead pretty damn sexy.

His cover of Tom Petty's Free Fallin' that I stumbled across, has really been resonating with me lately. I am not sure that I particularly like or understand the lyrics to this classic, so I suppose my love for it can be blamed on my obsession with acoustic guitar tracks and John Mayer's tunes. I love it.

2 comments:

Meredith December 19, 2008 at 4:07 PM  

I'm not the biggest John Mayer fan in the world, but Slow Dancing In A Burning Room IS pretty sexy.

PS-Are you still playing guitar at all? If so, you could totally learn "Free Fallin'". It's super easy.

Anonymous,  December 24, 2008 at 3:38 AM  

I FREAKIN LOVE JOHN MAYER!! You must see him in concert!!

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP